All the most common codec packages are included – LAV (both video and audio decoders), ffdshow DirectShow, XviD, x264, DivX, Haali Media Splitter (for MKV containers), Sony DSD, etc. These provide support for all the most common media file types, such as MKV, AVI, FLV, WebM, MP4, M4A, TS, DTS, AC3, FLAC, APE, Ogg, 3GP, and many others. All the most widely used SD, HD, and Ultra HD video codecs are on the list, as well as a large selection of compressed and uncompressed audio codecs. Shorten audio files (or SHN, a personal lossless audio favorite) is not part of the list, regrettably, though its decaying use makes its absence a minor drawback. Finally, note that the program will install as part of its components (unless you tick it off the list) the latest release of Media Player Classic Home Cinema, an excellent media player with support for a wide range of codecs, offering you the possibility of watching even Blu-ray movies on your PC.
Media Player Codec Pack patched
Media Player Codec Pack 4.5.5 Activation Key supports almost every compression and file type used by modern video and audio files. The package is simple to install, while also offering advanced settings to the high end user: For simple installation select “Easy Installation”. For advanced installation options select “Expert Installation”. A codec is a piece of software on either a device or computer capable of encoding and/or decoding video and/or audio data from files, streams and broadcasts. The word Codec is a portmanteau of ‘compressor-decompressor’
Once you have Media Player Codec Pack 4.5.5 For Windows Download installed, Windows Media Player plays all of the listed formats without much of a hitch. Additionally, all resolutions, including High-definition (HD) and Standard-definition (SD), are supported. If you’re happy with Windows Media Player but just want it to play more file types, then Media Player Codec Pack Full Version Activation Code is for you. It saves you the trouble of downloading a new media player just to play the files you couldn’t otherwise play using your standard media player.
- Configuration can be confusing
- No support for Shorten (SHN) audio files
- No need to download a new media player
- Support for all the most widely used file formats
- Offers codecs for SD and HD video playback
- Includes codecs for lossy and lossless audio compression
- Includes all common codec components
- Allows me to play files with the .AVI suffix (which appear to be DivX) in Windows Media Player 11
- Downloaded this so I could watch Blu-Rays on my new Blu-Ray drive. When installation completed, I noticed it install more than codecs. It installed a media player. It changed by default search engine to some sketchy ‘Entrusted’ engine (Entrusted also came up as malware on a Malwarebytes scan). Installed other various bits of malware and skethcy files on my computer.
- none i no of so far
- My failing here: I don’t appreciate the interface as much as GOM player’s, so do not use it much at all.
- Simplistic installation
- No problems, displays/plays well.
This comprehensive pack adds support for FLAC, MP4, FLV, and other video formats as well as some obscure audio files on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows. You can install it by choosing between two installation modes — easy and detailed. We recommend using detailed as you will be able to control exactly which items to install. Media Player Codec Pack 4.5.5 Registration key sets itself up with recommended settings, but you can change its surround sound, compression, and other settings to fine-tune your media player completely. You can even choose which codec packs you want and which can save space if you think there are some formats you’ll never use.
System Requirements for Media Player Codec Pack:
- DirectX 9 or higher
- Windows Media Player 12, 11 & 10
- Any player compatible with DirectShow
- Windows 10 32/64 bit, Windows 2008 32/64 bit, Windows 2003, Windows 8 32/64 bit, Windows 7 32/64 bit, Windows Vista 32/64 bit, Windows XP 32/64 bit, Windows 2K, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Homepage: www.mediaplayercodecpack.com
- Author Cole Williams
- Last version 4.5.5
“Software Informer has blocked this file as it may be harmful:”
This happens when Media Player Codec Pack tries to install other applications that are considered “bundled”. You should use the error as an example and install other codecs that are open-source and free to download and use. For example, there is Combined Community Codec Pack that contains all the necessary filters to encode or decode your files.
Access the following page to download the installation package. While installing you will also see that you have the possibility configure various aspects related to video and audio playback as well as set some audio and video players as the default ones.
What’s new in Media Player Codec Pack?
Media Player Codec Pack 2.2.0 Registration key